Silly Season Survival Guide
Anxious about the silly season? Afraid that your months of hard work in the gym and the kitchen will be wasted over 2 weeks of celebration? Have no fear, Hiscoes silly season survival guide is here!
You’ve heard the saying, “you can’t out-exercise a bad diet.” Well this saying is especially important this season; below are some nutritional tips to help you stay on track, but still celebrate!
5 Nutritional Tips:
- Fill your plate with veggies first, then protein, then carbohydrates
- Be mindful of sauces, as they are often packed with unnecessary energy.
- Eat small meals around the ‘main event.’ If your family does a Christmas lunch, try to have a small breakfast and dinner, to balance out your total calorie consumption.
- Have water between drinks and meals, this strategy will keep you hydrated and in turn, full.
- Limit the sugary and alcohol drinks to a ‘fun’ but not messy number
Just remember that Christmas comes once a year, have FUN, ENJOY the festive season. Don’t worry, you will be using this extra energy in the New Year training hard at Hiscoes!
Whilst diet is important, we want you to keep your fitness up over this holiday break. Download our Christmas and New Year Timetable and Opening Hours, or if you can’t make it to the gym try this body-weight, no equipment required, Christmas Workout:
10 minute warm up – 1 block run (250m), 50 high knees, 50 butt kicks, 100 star jumps, 40 lunges, repeat until 10 mins is completed.
40 seconds ON, 20 seconds OFF:
- Push Ups
- Mountain Climbers
Repeat 5 times.