We are pleased to be adding a new mat-based Pilates class to our timetable on Friday mornings at 9.30am. The main aim of pilates is to condition the deeper, supporting muscles of your body to improve posture, balance and coordination. Pilates consists of moving through a slow, sustained series of exercises using abdominal control and proper breathing.
Health Benefits of Pilates:
- increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
- balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- improved stabilisation of your spine
- improved posture
- improved flexibility & balance
Hiscoes offers four pilates classes a week.